Voice Lessons with PeterMahtaniMusic are specific and guided by the teacher. Students will have input on song choice, but the genre and final decision of music sung is decided by the teacher. Students will study a varied repertoire dating back to the Renaissance era all the way to Post-Modern Music.
There are VERY specific guidelines to be a voice student with PeterMahtaniMusic.
Guidelines to begin voice:
- Students MUST have at LEAST one entire year of PIANO instruction before voice lessons begin
- Piano is an extremely important tool for singers
- Terminology, Ear Training, Note Reading and overall Proper Musicianship from learning piano will eliminate barriers for a future singer.
- Students must have an in-tune piano or good quality piano at home to practice everyday.
- If a student has taken piano with a teacher outside of PeterMahtaniMusic they will be tested to verify that they are ready to transition into voice lessons.
- Tests include terminology; ear training and note reading with SOLFEG; and musicianship
Guidelines for students taking voice
- Practice guidelines
- 30 minutes a day
- 5 days a week
- Students must keep a record of all music that they sing
- Students must listen to versions of their songs online and constructively criticize the performance
- Voice students will receive other assignments.
- Student is responsible for all books and supplies.
- Monthly payments must be made by the first lesson of each month. Invoices will be emailed
- ALL PAYMENTS must be made online or by credit card in person.
- NO CASH
- There will be NO refunds.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Lessons canceled without at least 12 hour notice will not be made up or refunded. Lessons canceled WITH advance notice must be rescheduled or will be credited to the following month. Lessons canceled by the teacher will be rescheduled or credited.